Sep 8th

2009

Within The Frame Podcast Series

wtfpodcast

I’ve had a couple people tell me recently that they had no idea I had a podcast series. I’m pretty sure I mentioned it around the time that Within The Frame came out, and it’s mentioned in the back of the book itself, but if this is the first you’re hearing of it, I thought I’d bring it to your attention. I have two reasons for doing this. The first is that others have said they really enjoy the series, if only to watch me awkwardly struggle with video, my arch-nemesis. The second is that I am about to leave you stranded without me while I head to India tomorrow to join Matt Brandon, Gavin Gough, Ami Vitale and 8 others for the Lumen Dei Tour in Ladakh. So this’ll give you a way to get your fix. There are, I think, 15 episodes live, with 3 more in the can and ready to be released. The series will run to 20 episodes.

Get the Podcasts HERE on the Peachpit site (then use the podcast tab) or on iTunes by searching for Within The Frame. They’re all free.

If you’ve not yet taken advantage of the early-bird pricing on my eBook, TEN, you have a couple more weeks before I change the pricing. Click HERE for more info. Thanks to all of you for the incredible response, it’s clear that this resource has been really helpful and as more and more comments and emails came in asking for a sequel I’ve got a new one coming and I’ll make it available the day I get back from India. It’s called TEN MORE and will also be $5. Start saving yer nickels, kids.

I’m also thrilled to let you know that VisionMongers, Making a Life and a Living in Photography is well on its way to production, will be to press earlier than anticipated and the release date will be much sooner than the Dec.25 release date listed currently on Amazon.com. It should be in hands by mid to end of November-ish.

I’m not posting photographs of my packing process this time because I’m embarassed by the fact that – for the first time – I’m bringing three large pieces of checked luggage. (Shaking head in shame…) :-) I’ll have a short post tomorrow before I leave for the airport, then – I hope – will be able to check in a couple times while I am in Delhi. But once I hit Ladakh, y’all have to fend for yourselves.

1. September 8, 2009 at 2:49 am

Funny you should mention the podcast. I discovered it for the first time only two days ago. What I’ve seen so far has been great, but my only criticism is the large file sizes compared to other similar podcasts.

2. September 8, 2009 at 3:01 am

Three?? What has happened to my packing mentor?

Oh, the shame.

Safe travels.

3. September 8, 2009 at 3:24 am

It’s a rough world out there! Take what you need! Don’t be ashamed of overpacking! :) Have a super trip!

4. September 8, 2009 at 3:28 am

Podcast? I only just realised you had a blog.

See you in Delhi, amigo.

5. September 8, 2009 at 3:48 am

I’ve been fly fishing for years and have never heard of the “pod” cast before. Can you post a short video of the technique so I can watch it on my iphone?

* Henri runs away and goes back into hiding *

6. Mike

September 8, 2009 at 4:32 am

Great E-Book, David…keep ‘em coming. :)

7. Rhoda

September 8, 2009 at 6:34 am

David – Thanks for the link to the podcasts. I was one of the few who did not know about them!

8. September 8, 2009 at 7:15 am

Thanks for letting us know these are available. I have just looked at all of them and notice that #2 is “unavailable” and #10 will not launch. Thought you might want to know.

9. Karlo dL

September 8, 2009 at 9:30 am

wow, i should read the back cover next time =D. Visit our country soon!

10. Lauren

September 8, 2009 at 10:02 am

I’m also one who didn’t know about the podcasts – downloading now!

11. claude etienne

September 8, 2009 at 10:08 am

I would be great if your podcasts could be embedded into your blog. But, I guess that would demand alot of bandwith. Have a good trip.

12. claude etienne

September 8, 2009 at 10:11 am

meant to say: “It would be great”

13. September 8, 2009 at 11:42 am

Lovin the Podcasts! Looking forward to 10 more (for $5 again :-) ) and for some images from the trip!

September 8, 2009 at 11:42 am

@Scott Jones – Yeah, sorry about some of the glitches. I think Peachpit’s had some challenges getting to all run smoothly. The best I can do is export them to spec and hope that they sort it all out. I wrestle with video like crazy – just too much to get my head around.

15. September 9, 2009 at 2:29 pm

The book is in the mail and as I get ready to travel on assignment for the next 3-3 months, i couldn’t have discovered it at a better time.

I am alos interested in the podcast as it will be nice to have something loaded on the computer that I can watch during some of the layovers.

One problem though, the itunes link doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried in both the Canada and US stores.

16. September 9, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I knew you had one, but I didn’t know you were keeping it going. You should embed each new one as a post (if you can), or at least have an RSS feed in a widget on your sidebar indicating new ones as they appear. If you’re putting it out there, you may as well get as many eyeballs on it as possible. That’s my $0.02. :-)

17. September 11, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Scott from Peachpit here. My appologies for our podcast player, it’s a brand new one and has been misbehaving this week. We hope to have everything fixed shortly.

Right now iTunes is probably the most reliable source for getting the podcasts. Either search for “Within the Frame” or you can try this link http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=317901143.

Sorry again for the difficulties, enjoy the podcasts and let us know what you think!

Scott

18. September 15, 2009 at 2:09 pm

[...] dagarna har David DuChemin dessutom släppt en podcast-serie där han i varje avsnitt kritiserar en eller ett par bilder utifrån sina “teser” i [...]

19. Eli R.

September 23, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Hi David. I just found a video on youtube on how to embed a video in a blog. Tried it with one of your podcasts I found there and it was really easy. How it could be linked to Peachpit directly I would really like to know. (Or to have the rest of them on youtube)
    Here is a link to the instruction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3l0feGWTi0&feature=related

20. Bill Visick

October 15, 2009 at 12:49 am

Really sad to get to the end of the podcast – it’s been interesting, stimulating, challenging and fun! Thank you. I’ve read the book, downloaded the ebooks, followed the videos…what next? Musicals? Mime? Can’t wait.

21. February 23, 2011 at 8:24 am

[...] much better in the art of expressing himself with words has written at length about this very thing along with putting a series of podcasts together about it, along with the vision thing which I tend to go on about quite a bit on here. To be brutally true [...]