Apr 11th

2010

Where In the The World, April-May 2010

This morning I begin travelling to Italy. On Thursday morning, after a couple stops on the way, I’ll arrive in Genoa to meet up with Jeffrey Chapman. A couple days later we begin the first of two Italy Within The Frame workshops. 2 solid weeks in Liguria followed by an extension to Venice and then almost a week on my own to shoot, to write, to do some thinking. I’m very excited about this one and while I know many of you will be tempted to express your sympathy for me, try to hold back :-) I’ve been in beautiful places with great photographers and amazing food and wine before, I think I’ll survive. See you when I am back, but don’t abandon the blog, I’m going to make an effort to keep popping in with an image here and a story there.

1. Nigel Stokes

April 11, 2010 at 4:31 am

Good luck in Italy, sounds like you will be having a really hard time over the next few weeks, but I’m sure you will get along. Enjoy Venice, my favourite city.

2. John

April 11, 2010 at 4:46 am

Why don’t you come over to Greece? Only a short flight away!

3. Maureen Murphy

April 11, 2010 at 5:02 am

So the local wine to try in Cinque Terre is Sciacchetra – a sweet and delightful wine – it can only be found there. It is amazing to see grapes being grown and harvested in steep terraces along the ocean. Also a nice dry white wine called Cinque Terre . Area is also famous for their pesto. Enjoy!

4. April 11, 2010 at 6:06 am

Glad to hear you are going to extend and take a bit of time for yourself David! Have a great time.

5. April 11, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Hi David,
    I came across your books as I was having a long term vacation in New York. No need to say how much I appreciate your work, both photos and books. I really had a lot of help coming from what you wrote, so thanks! I’m back to Italy now and live in Rome, but I’m gonna be in Trieste (not far from Venice) visiting a friend. If you have half an hour to spare for a coffee let me know, I’d be delighted to meet you. If not, I’ll still read your blog :) Enjoy your trip!

6. João Pedro Silva

April 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

Enjoy the trip… and the wine! :)

7. Andy

April 12, 2010 at 6:53 am

I noticed a glaring hole in your ‘Where’s Waldo’ map – Bali! If you ever get a workshop in Bali or anywhere in Indonesia for that matter, let me know. I am in!
    Enjoy your Italy tour. As luck would have it, my wife and I are going a few weeks after you return so I will be interested in any tips for places that are must see’s in Venice and Cinque Terre.
    ~Andy

8. April 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I recently traveled through the Dubai airport on my way to India and your book “Within the Frame” was prominently displayed at the airport bookstore. I already own a (worn out) copy, but I wish I’d snapped a pic of it surrounded by all the local titles for you! Pretty much from what I can see you’re “everywhere” in the world!!