Aug 24th

2011

Italy Within The Frame 2012

This morning Jeffrey Chapman has pulled the veil off the Italy 2012 Within The Frame Adventures. We’re doing two weeks – one in Liguria, one in Venice. These one-week adventures sell out very quickly, some within hours, so if you’ve been waiting, get your name in the hat fast with Jeffrey. The Italy trips are a highlight of my year, and while we’re not returning to Tuscany this year because she tried to kill me last year, I’m really looking forward to this; traveling with a small group who share a similar passion is an amazing experience to make photographs of an amazing place, eat and drink some amazing food and wine, and share teaching times that will take you deeper into your craft.

You can read Jeffrey’s post about these trips HERE. Get complete details and register with Jeffrey, but let me know if you’re coming! This year’s adventures will fill up even faster as people around the world vie for a spot to see me leap off a wall, fall out of a gondola or choke on my trofie al pesto. You just never know. I like to keep people guessing. (If you have no idea what that comment was all about, read Jeffrey’s blog post or just ignore it. Keep calm, nothing to see here.)

The Liguria trip is April 28 to May 5, 2012 – More details HERE

The Venice Trip is May 5 to May 12, 2012 – More details HERE

1. August 24, 2011 at 6:18 am

I hate to make light of a serious moment. But, the next time you decide to take a leap of faith for the arts be sure to carry a parachute.

August 24, 2011 at 6:25 am

Mervin – No reason in the world not to make light of it – one can either laugh or cry (or both) when these things happen. Sadly 30ft is not remotely close to the distance required to deploy a parachute. Need to look for higher walls, I suspect. :-)

3. August 24, 2011 at 6:57 am

For the life of me I couldn’t figure out what WTF meant (other than the obvious) when I saw it in a tweet the other day. I finally get it!

Glad to see that you’re going to be back out in the wild soon.

4. Gregg

August 24, 2011 at 7:01 am

Photography is a power sport, right?

5. August 24, 2011 at 7:08 am

only with david, apparently :-) any special training now for these italian workshops before we sign up?

6. Rui

August 24, 2011 at 7:29 am

Hi there!!
    @Sarah: Probably learning to fly would be a plus :)
    Al least use, not a common parachute but a kite :) Good to know that you’ll be back to business!!
    Just a quick question: this training… is it opened also for other non american people? Or at least not living in the american continent?

7. AnMarie

August 24, 2011 at 11:52 am

:) “see me leap off a wall, fall out of a gondola or choke on my trofie al pesto” – where can we place our bets? ;)

8. August 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Hi David. I tried to sign up for one of the Italy WTFs last year but took too long to decide, and it was sold out. Not this year! Dog sitter is on notice, deposit has been paid and I’ll be in Venice in 2012. Hopefully the high-flying acts will be kept to a minimum ;o)
    …Mike

9. August 24, 2011 at 6:39 pm

[...] Italy Within The Frame 2012. Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Photography and tagged Photographers, Travel. Bookmark the permalink. ← Book review: Composition From Snapshots to Great Shots [...]

10. August 25, 2011 at 3:24 am

Hi David

Can’t see you choking at all – you’ll no doubt be washing down the trofie al pesto with a local
    Cinqueterre or Rivera Ligure di Ponente.

cheers

11. August 25, 2011 at 8:17 am

Just sent the email to reserve a spot and get the application if there are still spots available for Venice. Never been there. Very excited :) Hope I get to go!

12. Rex Kersley

August 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hi David,
    Glad to hear you are getting fit again.
    I have one question about the workshop;
    Will it be a ‘Free fall’ or a paid for extra?
    Cheers Rex

13. Stefan

August 28, 2011 at 1:29 am

Hi David ,
    I read your first book (waiting for your new book I decided to read WTF during my holiday again and what, I really discovered topics I probably did read the first time but they became more clear the second time) to get more inspired and looking for a helping hand / support about my own transfer process from to much ‘fighting’ with gear and techniques to how to get a or the moment within a frame. Your vision and the way you explain/tell your story helped me a lot to get away from this gear feeling. Of course I still love it but first the frame than the gear :-)

Having high expectations from your Italian experiences I will join the club and paid the deposit via Jeffrey and will be member of your next Italian experience for me the Liguria part. I am curious if there are more people coming from Europe (I am from The Netherlands) participating your Italian adventure.
    Can’t wait for your new book for more vision stuff.
    See you and Jeffrey , at least next year !

14. September 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm

[...] driving forward and going further to enhance your photography. One day I’ll join one of his photo-tours and shake this guys hand, and I’ll do it with a big goofy grin on my [...]

15. June 6, 2012 at 8:46 am

[...] shoot on the Liguria coast with David du Chemin’s Within The Frame Adventures specifically Liguria which she attended with her Australian friend Chris. While Chris was visiting with us here in [...]