Nov 4th

2010

Here We Go Again

Bosnia, November 04 – 14, 2010. Click the map to see it larger.

After a whopping 14 days home I’m heading to Sarajevo today to shoot for World Vision Canada in Bosnia. Very excited. ‘Round about this time every year they send me to Africa and as much as I adore Africa, last time it was Senegal and it was so stinking hot I’m thrilled to be heading to someplace I can pack my Icebreaker sweater and my wool socks. Might even throw in a toque, just because my Canadian passport says I can.

Be good while I’m gone. See you when I get back. I’ll do what I can to send a postcard from the field but as always that depends on how much time I have and whether or not I get convenient internet access. Don’t go clamouring for photographs, the client gets the see them first; they’ll show up in the new galleries when I can post them. Ciao!

1. November 4, 2010 at 2:10 am

All together: ‘It’s Gitzo Jacket Time!’ :-)

2. November 4, 2010 at 2:11 am

Icebreaker rocks :) Enjoy your time photographing!

3. Miklós

November 4, 2010 at 4:02 am

David, you are very close to my country….
    I know your assignment is not a free decision, but I hope you will come to Hungary someday.

4. November 4, 2010 at 4:50 am

Not exactly right next door to go for coffee but if we have a BIG dinner before….hop over to Bari:-)
    Ciao

5. November 4, 2010 at 5:20 am

Safe travels and a fruitful journey, David.

6. Laszlo

November 4, 2010 at 5:29 am

Good luck! Yes, come to Hungary someday! :) We will help the organization over here.

7. Eyauuk

November 4, 2010 at 8:33 am

While you journey to Sarajevo, journey inward, you’ll find your muse/vision was/is always there. Trust it to show you what is not out there but in you. Click, whirr…..see what is not there

8. CJ Kern

November 4, 2010 at 8:59 am

Safe Travels!

9. Ross B

November 4, 2010 at 9:26 am

Talk about burnout and loosing your vision! Just north of Africa is a Place called Oman where you can meet a Kiwi – Me! Please visit.
    Just a quick change of air tickets and you will be here… Anyway, enjoy your trip and remember that guy that said “Screw vision” and just take Photos….

10. Joseph

November 4, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Godspeed to ya.

11. November 4, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Watch you’re boots, stay well and get lots of great images!

12. November 4, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Hi David,

wondering if you could offer advice on where to get travel insurance for going to Haiti? I can’t find anyone to cover it, as there are travel advisories warning against travel to haiti.
    i am going in december to help rebuild a shool, and also do humanitarian photography for some NGO’s.
    any help you could offer would rock!

November 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm

James – Not sure what kind of insurance specifically but I’m Canadian, so our insurance companies are different. I’d look into MedJet Assist if you need medical evacuation insurance – they seem to be low on small print and I always have coverage with them. Otherwise, perhaps check in with Esther Havens. If you’re American she might be able to offer more insight than I can.

14. November 4, 2010 at 5:26 pm

David – thanks so much for the help! I’m Canadian, so I’ll be checking out MedJet.
    Thanks again! I really enjoy reading your blog and books!

15. November 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm

enjoy! looking forward to seeing bosnia through your eyes.

16. November 9, 2010 at 1:18 am

Hi, David. Your trip is also very near to my country (Slovenia)… I just have a tip for you while staying in Bosnia. While in Sarajevo if you will have the time go to the main square/old center and try their famous ?evep?i?i. They are one of the best there is in this part of the Europe :) I wish you a great trip.

17. November 9, 2010 at 1:20 am

I see that there are some letters lost in my post….let me write it again. Try some local Cevapcici.

18. November 11, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I see that both you, Jeffrey Chapman and Gavin Gough are using these gorgeous maps to show where you’ve been and where you’re heading. Care to share some secrets?
    Enjoy Bosnia!

November 13, 2010 at 12:12 am

Hi Geir – I just built mine in Photoshop – no idea what Gavin or Jeffrey use, but mine was just slapped together with a vector map of the world and some text.

20. November 15, 2010 at 3:44 am