Craft & Vision has published books by photographer and educator Piet van Den Eynde before, but never one like this before. Today we’re releasing the first Craft & Vision BigBook. It’s still an eBook, but it’s BIG. I mean, really big. Lightroom 4 UnMasked is complete guide to Adobe Lightroom 4. It’s over 300 pages long and it’s packed with everything you need to know to get under the hood of Lightroom 4. Here are some highlights:
- It’s up to date, all the way up to Lightroom 4.2
- Written by an Adobe Certified Expert who teaches dozens of Lightroom workshops a year and has a deep understanding, not only of the application itself, but also of potential pitfalls novice users experience.
- It’s aimed at both beginning Lightroom users as well as more advanced ones. It grows with you as your Lightroom knowledge grows.
- In addition to the regular text, the eBook features 60 cases, 10 of which are pro-cases for advanced users.
- It’s ideal for upgraders: text boxes labeled ‘New in Lightroom 4’ immediately draw attention to things that have changed between versions. Two cases also deal specifically with what’s new in Lightroom 4.
- Features dozens of tips, tricks and ideas, some of which are I’d never seen.
- It doesn’t limit itself to Lightroom as it comes out of the box, but points to useful third-party applications and plugins that integrate well with Lightroom.
- Focuses on Lightroom as an entire workflow application. There’s thorough coverage of ALL the modules, not just Library and Develop.
- An entire chapter deals with the Lightroom to Photoshop integration.
- It’s an eBook, so it’s fully searchable and loaded with hyperlinks
This is a really dense, downloadable PDF, and it’s unlike anything we’ve ever done before. As such we’re breaking the mold a little on pricing. When Craft & Vision began we had no idea we’d be publishing Big Books. But when Piet came to us with this book, which is already out in hard copy in Dutch, we knew two things: 1. We wanted to do it. 2. We didn’t want to split it up into a bunch of sections and call each one an eBook, then charge $5 each for them. That didn’t seem fair, or honest. So because we thought we might do more of these, we just decided to call it a C&V BigBook.
If you’re looking to learn Lightroom 4 and need a resource to help you do that quickly, or you’ve just upgraded and need to get up to speed, this is a great value. If you know what a great teacher Piet is, then it’s a no-brainer. The price is $20 and for the information here it’s a steal. But for the first seven days, use the promotional code LR4FIVE when you checkout and pay only $15. This code expires at 11:59pm (PST) November 27, 2012.
But wait, there’s more! If you visit the Craft & Vision site between now and Friday night (11:59pm – PST) you’ll find every ebook marked down 50%. That’s right, folks, we’re moving out the old stock and need to make way for the new (OK, I made that part up…) so every eBook is only $2.50! We must be crazy! (No, we’re not, but I’ve seen the TV ads where they do all this hyper-sales crap and I figure it must work…) Giant Inflatable Ape! Seriously. 3 days only. Craft & Vision. Big Sale. And get Piet van Den Eynde’s Lightroom 4 UnMasked for only $15.